SIERRA SPRINGS OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Board Meeting Minutes
November 11, 2020
(These Minutes have not yet been approved by the Board)
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:34 p.m. via Zoom M/S/C DeGray/Petersen
Board Members Present: Roger DeGray, President, Cathy Petersen, Vice President, Tom Jeanes, Treasurer, Donna Barrese, Secretary & Ray Schoenwandt, Director.
Approved Minutes From: October 14, 2020
M/S/C Petersen/Schoenwandt 5-0 motion carries
At the start of the meeting, the Board will adopt the agenda and approve the consent calendar with one motion. Any Board or Association members may request a consent item on the agenda be moved to the Association calendar for discussion.
- Board to fine Unit & Lot # 25-224 for their 2nd CC&R violation occurrence in the amount of $300.
- Adjust amending fine reversal for Unit & Lot # 22-154. Reversed last month back to 10.01.2020. Should have been 09.01.2020.
- Reverse fine for Unit & Lot #24-175. Originally fined on 10.01.2019. Fine should have been stopped on 11-01.2019 Member paid $100 in October 2019. Member paid $895 in August 2020 which, left a $400 balance (Aug-Oct 2020) Need to stop fine, refund member $895 paid and remove $400 balance on the books. The $100 fine member paid in October 2019 was owed.
Reverse outstanding balance of $895 and remove $400 from SSOA’s books.
- Reverse fine on Unit & Lot # 21-032. Fine effective 02.01.2020, Member paid $600 in July 2020. $300 balance (Aug-Oct) stop fine, reverse outstanding balance of $300. This item was removed from the Consent Calendar. Item will carry-over, property owner has one additional item to perform before his property meets the criteria of the Fire Safety Rules.
- Reverse fine on Unit & Lot #22-151. Originally fined 04.01.2019 Member paid $800 on 01.16.2020 paid $300 on 05/04/2020, balance of $700 to Oct 2020. Stop fine, reverse $700.
- Fire Safety Violation on Unit & Lot #22-069. Stop fine and reverse fine of $100.
EXECUTIVE MEETING: Was held by video conference on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Items of Discussion:
- Appropriate fine amount for CC&R Violation occurrence on Unit & Lot 25-224.
- Postponing Fire Fine on Unit & Lot # 21-052 due to financial difficulties.
- Review Bids from contractors for road repairs due to PG&E work within SSOA & PG&E wood that has been left on private property.
- Architectural application was received on 11.02.20 for Unit & Lot # 23-164 asphalt driveway.
- Adjust amending fine reversal on Unit & Lot # 022-154. Reversed last month back to 10.01.2020. Should have been 09.01.2020.
- Reverse fine on Unit & Lot # 24-175. Originally fined on 10.01.2019. Fine should have been stopped on 11.01.2019. Member paid $100 in October 2019. Member paid $895 in August 2020 which left a
$400 balance (Aug-Oct) 2020. Need to stop fine, refund $895 paid and remove $400 balance on the books. The $100 fine Member paid in October 2019 was owed.
- Reverse fine on Unit & Lot # 021-032. Fined effective 02.01.2020. Paid $600 in July 2020. $300 balance (Aug-Oct). Stop fine, reverse outstanding balance.
- Reverse fine on Unit & Lot # 022-151. Originally fined 04.01.2019. Paid $800 01.16.2020. Paid
$300 05.04.2020, balance $700 (to Oct 2020). Stop fine, reverse $700.
- Fire Safety violation against Unit & Lot # 22-069. Stop fine & reverse fine of $100.
- Signage bid for Sly Park/Sierra Springs Road entrance.
- SSOA Website upgrades
- Contracts or options for painting the Lodge interior & Wisteria restrooms.
- Discuss merged Exterior Property and Structure and Paint Rules amendments.
- Collection Accounts
- Employee increases for 2021
Manager’s Report: Association Manager, Shelly Thompson reported: At the Executive Meeting on Wednesday, November 4th I discussed with the Board several items that require bids for repairs or replacement.
- I am currently getting bids to update the Sierra Springs entrance sign at the top of Sierra Springs Drive and Sly Park Road.
- Landscaping at the Wisteria pool, particularly the embankment above the pool.
- Working on getting two bids to resurface the non-county maintained roadways with type 2 slurry.
- Received bids to repair portions of asphalt on non-county maintained roads. Damages to portions of these roads were done by PG&E work that has taken place within SSOA. The Road Committee has met with PG&E representatives to discuss the damages that their equipment & trucks have done to our roads. PG&E should be providing money for their damages to our roads. Road Committee to follow-up with other information.
Items that were purchased:
- Chain Saw
- Interior Paint for the Lodge baseboards & trim
- Pricing new faucets for both restrooms
Treasurers Report: Treasurer, Tom Jeanes, reported the year-to-date expenses are slightly over budgeted amount, areas that need to be watched are the telephone costs from AT&T. The electricity and propane are under budget for the month. Operation expenses under budget but will be high at the end of the year, due to annual insurance billing of $18,450 and higher postage. Pool expenses will be over budget for the year by about $20,000. Some of these expenses are seasonal, (Utilities, Pool, and Maintenance) but the budget should keep them in line for the year.
The Account balances as of October 31, 2020 are: Operating Account $54,959.98, Debit Card
$2,058.21, Capital Reserve Account $228,136.93, Forest Maintenance Account $67,732.31, Road Fund Account $109,103.74 & the Edward Jones Investment Account $264,080.62.
Fire Safety Committee: Kay Campbell, Chairperson for the Fire Safety Committee stated that the Fire Safe Council is working on right-of-entries for a Grant to clear certain areas outside of SSOA.
Road Committee: Bill Campbell, Chairperson for the Road Committee discussed the importance of cleaning culverts. The smaller culverts on the non-county maintained roads need to be repaired and replaced in the next 5-10years. The culvert pipe by the EID pump house is scheduled to be replaced in 2021.
CC&R Committee: Cathy Petersen, Chairperson for the CC&R Committee, stated that there are ten outstanding properties that may have to go to hearings for December.
Roger DeGray made a motion for a resolution to discuss all the items on tonight’s Agenda. Ray Schoenwandt seconds the motion.
M/S/C DeGray/Schoenwandt 5-0 motion carries
11-A01 – SSOA Website – (09-A08 & 10-A10) Roger DeGray went over the updated SSOA website. The website is a work in progress. Cathy Petersen made a motion to approve $4,000 to improve the SSOA website. Roger DeGray seconds the motion.
M/S/C Petersen/DeGray 5-0 motion carries
11-A02 – SSOA Sign - Discussed replacing the Sierra Springs entrance sign at the top of Sierra Springs Drive & Sly Park Road. The Board would like to obtain additional bids for this project. This item will be carried over to December Board Meeting.
11-A03 – Road Work Bids – (10-A05) - Discussed road repair bids for non-county maintained roadways submitted by Advantage Asphalt & Dryco Inc. This item will be carried over to December Board Meeting.
11-A04 – Amendment to Exterior Rules – (09-A11) Reviewed the amended Exterior Rules. Cathy Petersen made a motion to adopt the Exterior Rules as presented. Roger DeGray seconds the motion.
M/S/C Petersen/DeGray 5-0 motion carries
11-A05 – Commercial Activity Rules – Reviewed the Commercial Activity Rules. Roger DeGray made a motion to adopt the Commercial Activity Rules as presented. Cathy Petersen seconds the motion.
M/S/C DeGray/Petersen 5-0 motion carries
11- A06 – Amendment to Fire Prevention Rules – (09-A12) Reviewed the Fire Prevention Rules. Cathy Petersen made a motion to adopt the Fire Safety Rules as presented. Donna Barrese seconds the motion.
M/S/C Petersen/Barrese 5-0 motion carries
11-A07 Lodge Reopening - Due to Covid19 the Lodge has been closed since March 2020. Discussed reopening the Lodge for the Membership and for renting the facility. Cathy Petersen made a motion to not open the Lodge until after the New Year. Donna Barrese seconds the motion. M/S/C Petersen/Barrese 5-0 motion carries
11-A08 - Reverse Fine Unit & Lot #21-032 – The property owner at unit 21, lot 032 has several large Oak tree logs that he has left on the shoulder of Five Spot Road and need to be removed.
Cathy Petersen made a motion to stop the Fire Fine and reverse the fine of $400 once the logs are removed from the shoulder of the road. Donna Barrese seconds the motion.
M/S/C Petersen/Barrese 5-0 motion carries
Roger DeGray made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:39 pm. Tom Jeanes seconds the motion.
Meeting Adjourned 7:39 PM
Respectfully Submitted by, Shelly Thompson, Association Manager