*** Lodge, Pools, Playground, Tennis & Pickleball Courts, Off-Road Vehicles ***
Your Homeowners Association provides many types of recreation activities that are above and beyond what is available in the local surrounding areas of Pollock Pines.
Recreation facilities within your association include:
- 5 beautiful acres suitable for hiking and outdoor activities. There is also a 4-acre and a 7-acre of forested open natural space inside Lupin Lane and north of Sierra Springs Drive and Buttercup for nature walks.
- Two swimming pools, each with restrooms and showers, one located adjacent to the Lodge and one on Wisteria Drive. Pool monitors are assigned during summer months to help support pool rules, but lifeguard services are not provided. Both pools are normally open from Memorial Day through Labor Day from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (subject to weather or other conditions)
- Barbeque pits and picnic tables are located next to swimming pools and include free use of phones for emergency calls. There is also a children's playground available at the Wisteria pool.
- The Lodge is a great place to host family gatherings or to just sit and read a book. It has a Ping Pong table, Pool table, a lending library, big screen TV and rooms for parties and club meetings. Full kitchen facilities are available and a small fee is collected when the premises are reserved for private use.
The lodge area also includes a double tennis court, swimming pool, barbeque pits, picnic tables, restrooms and showers. A backup generator has also been installed for times when regional power has been disrupted.
- Tent and RV sites are available upon request. Water hook-ups are available, and all recreation vehicles or trailers must be self-contained as there are no restroom facilities available in these areas. for fire safety concerns, NO OPEN FIRES will be allowed. Contact the Association Office for more information.
SSOA Pools will open on Friday May 28.
- 9:00am to 11:00am Adults only
- 11:00am to 8:00pm Everyone
Recreation ID Cards:
ID cards are issued to all new members for use of the lodge and the swimming pools. Dues must be current and in "good standing" or card access could be revoked. Guests are also able to use the same facilities as long as they are with a property owner. The replacement cost is $25.00 should a card be lost.
Recreation ID Card application and replacement.
Application for new or replacement ID cards may be found on the Forms section of this website.
Please contact Shelly at the SSOA office should you need additional information.
Lodge facilities General Use:
The Lodge is open daily to members between the hours of 9am and 8pm (if not previously reserved; hours subject to change). The Lodge is a great place to just sit back and read a book from the lending library, play ping pong, pool, or just relax by the large fireplace.
Lodge facilities for Private Rental:
The Lodge is the perfect place to hold parties and club meetings. Full kitchen facilities are available and a small fee is collected when the premises are reserved for private use. A separate key is provided for your security. Hours of rental are between 8am and 11pm. Please refer to the Forms page on this website to access the Lodge Reservation Form which also provided more information regarding the private reservation of the Lodge.
Tennis and Picklball Courts:
Tennis and picklball courts are available for use by owners seasonally. Courts are kept locked. For a $10 security deposit, refundable upon key return, members can obtain a key for the tennis/pickleball courts.
SSOA Tent / RV Area Info:
Your SSOA has a Tent/RV area that can be reserved. Contact the Sierra Springs office if you are interested in reserving a site, and need more information about this - length of stay, fees, forms and other types of information.
Swimming Pools and Recreation:
There are two swimming pools opened during the warmer seasons, each with restrooms and showers. One is located adjacent to the Lodge and the other on Wisteria Drive. During the summer months pool monitors are assigned, but lifeguard service is not provided (access to recreation safety rules is provided here on the CC&R Rules section). Barbeque and picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. There is a children's playground outside the the Wisteria pool. Near the lodge there are 41 acres of valley recreation areas that include a double tennis court.
Hiking trail information and maps